Every Dallas tattoo shop may have slightly different policies for booking tattoo appointments, rescheduling, canceling, deposits, no-shows, and more – but of course, ours are the best, like our tattoo artists, tattoo shop, and tattoos in general. Here are the most frequently asked questions we get about our booking, deposit, and paying process.
1. General Tattoo Appointment Deposit Information
All new tattoo appointments require a $100 deposit (unless prior arrangements have been made with your artist). Your deposit will be applied to the total cost of your tattoo or the final session if your tattoo requires multiple sessions (multi-session piece).
*Deposits cannot be transferred for use by another person.
2. Rescheduling Your Tattoo Appointment
- If you need to reschedule an appointment, we require at least 48 hours notice, or you will forfeit your deposit.
- If an attempt to reschedule falls within the 48-hour period, you will be required to furnish a new deposit to make a new appointment.
- If you provide at least 48 hours notice to reschedule, your tattooer will transfer your deposit to your new appointment time.
- The rescheduled tattoo appointment date must be chosen within the next 7 days and must fall within the next 90 days.
- Only two reschedules are permitted for your appointment. Once the second rescheduling has occurred, that date/time is firm and cannot be moved/rescheduled again without forfeiting your deposit – so make sure you schedule them seriously.
*Of course, in rare cases, like severe inclement weather, call to let your tattooer know you can’t make your appointment. If you notify your tattooer before your appointment, they’ll transfer your deposit to a new appointment date.
3. Cancellation/No-Call/No-Show Policies
Fool Us Once: You forfeit your deposit if you do not show up for your appointment (no-call/no-show). If you no-call/no-show, you will be required to pay two deposits to reschedule a new appointment.
Fool Us Twice: If you no-call/no-show twice, you will be required to pay for your tattoo up front, in person, in cash to schedule another appointment. After all, we were there – just you weren’t. And now we don’t trust you as much.
4. Additional Information
- Gift Certificates – If you use a gift certificate for a deposit and do not provide proper notice to reschedule (see above), or do not show up for your appointment, the value of your gift certificate will be reduced by $100. If the value of the gift certificate is below $200, additional funds will be necessary to make a new appointment, as you’ll need another $100 deposit off the card. Gift certificates are non-refundable and cannot be changed for cash.
- Late Arrival – tattoos take time – so if you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled so your tattooer will not run late for the appointments after yours. If your appointment has to be rescheduled due to your own late arrival (over 15 minutes), you will forfeit your deposit and be required to leave another deposit before you can schedule a new tattoo appointment.
- ID Is Not Optional – You must bring a state or federal photo ID every time you come in for any tattoo. If you arrive for a tattoo appointment without proper ID, you will not get tattooed and will forfeit your deposit money. Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, state-issued non-driver ID card, military ID, or passport.
*Your school ID or other less official IDs do not count.
*ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF YOUR ARTIST*
Call, Message, or Visit to Get Your Tattoo Appointment Booked at the Best Tattoo Shop in Dallas!
Lamar Street Tattoo Club and our skilled tattoo artists in Dallas know what we’re doing, and we know how to make everything run smoothly for your new tattoo. So come in, call, or message us and we’ll give you all the details and answer any questions you have!
Send us a submission form if you are interested in working with the best tattoo artists and the most renowned tattoo shop in Dallas. Contact us, and we’ll get back to you with a consultation, appointment time, and tattoo artist recommendations if you don’t know who you want.
Walk-ins Always Welcome, Appointments Preferred.